BudgamFeature StoriesKashmirTrending Photo

Villager electrocuted to death while reaping grass in Budgam:

A low-lying High Tension wire claimed the life of a villager in Central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Thursday morning.

 Local sources told the news agency Kashmir News Trust that a 41-year-old man was reaping grass on his agricultural land. The victim who was not conscious of the low-lying HT wire passing through the land got up and accidentally touched his sickle with the wire.

  The victim was taken to Sub-District Hospital Beerwah, where doctors declared him dead.

 The deceased has been identified as Imtiyaz Ahmed Dar son of Muhammad Sultan Dar, a resident of Chewdara Beerwah.

 Police have taken cognizance of the incident and registered a case under relevant sections of law. [KNT]

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button